- December 2015
The School of Education (SOE) and the School of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) at UNCG, in collaboration with Shanghai Normal University (SHNU) and The Essential Learning Group (ELG), received funding from the U.S. Department of Education to co-sponsor a four-week Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad (GPA) program in China for selected K-12 teachers from North Carolina. TEHE Associate Professor Ye “Jane’ He is the project director for this program, with Kristine Lundgren from HHS serving as the project co-director. This proposed GPA program, entitled “Experiencing China: Designing Curriculum Activities for All Learners”, will include 12 participants with different expertise in K-12 area studies, with at least four K-12 special educators with American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) certification. Participants will not only immerse themselves in Chinese culture and language learning through language classes, seminars, school visits, and cultural activities, but also collaborate with peer teacher educators and teachers in China to design curriculum activities to integrate Chinese culture and language instruction in K-12 area studies.
- January 12, 2015 Spring semester opens
- May 6, 2015: at 1:00 p.m., Departmental Graduation, UNCG Elliott Center Auditorium: More graduation information
- June/July 2015: CSD Summer Camps: More CSD summer camp information
- August, 2015: Master Student Orientation begins on Monday, August 10, 2015 at 11:00am. Graduate Assistants begin at 10:00am.
- August 2015: Fall semester opens 8/17/2015: More academic calendar information
May, 2014: Dr. Susan Phillips of Communication Sciences and Disorders and Dr. Susan Dennison of Social Work have just published “Faculty Mentoring, A Practical Manual for Mentors, Mentees, Administrators, and Faculty Developers”. More Faculty Mentoring book information