Cochlear Implant Connections (CIC) is a UNCG therapy program that provides individual and group aural rehabilitation therapy for late-deafened adults with cochlear implants (CI). CIC help clients meet the physical and emotional and social challenges of learning to hear again. CIC is open to all late-deafened adult CI users.
Group Therapy Activities
In CIC group therapy, you will:
- Learn about your implant and how it works.
- Learn about the human ear and brain working together in the implant transition process to help you listen.
- Learn how to cope with difficult listening situations.
- Learn how to listen to music with your implant.
- Learn communication strategies to help you when you do not understand what someone has said.
- Share your experiences and concerns with other CI users.
Take Our Qualtrics Survey! A password is obtained on the flyer sent to your audiologist.
- Group & Individual Sessions: TBD, there is a fee for this service.
For more information email: Ms. Lyn Mankoff