The UNCG Speech and Hearing Center provides diagnostic and intervention services for children and adults with fluency disorders, i.e., stuttering and/or cluttering.
What does the UNCG Speech and Hearing Center offer clients in the area of fluency disorders?
- comprehensive diagnostic assessment of the following factors associated with stuttering: frequency and severity of dysfluencies, speaking rate, physical concomitants and feelings and attitudes about communication
- comprehensive diagnostic assessment of the following factors associated with cluttering: speaking rate, fluency, clarity of articulation and organization of language in conversational speech
- written diagnostic report of findings with recommendations for clients, parents and teachers
- face-to-face discussion of the results of evaluation and clinical interpretation of the findings
- treatment plan with tailored goals and skilled interventions for remediation
- individual therapy provided by skilled graduate students supervised by an ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist with expertise in the area
- progress reports informing clients of progress toward achieving intervention goals in the area of fluency