The UNCG Speech and Hearing Center provides diagnostic and intervention services for children and adults with receptive and expressive language difficulties.
What does the UNCG Speech and Hearing Center offer clients in the area of expressive and receptive language disorders?
- comprehensive diagnostic assessment that will identify specific language deficits or developmental delays in listening and speaking skills
- written diagnostic report of findings with recommendations for clients, parents, care-providers and teachers
- face-to-face discussion of the results of evaluation and clinical interpretation of the findings
- treatment plan with tailored goals and skilled interventions for remediation based upon research-based intervention approaches
- individual therapy provided by skilled graduate students supervised by an ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist with expertise in the area
- progress reports informing clients of progress toward achieving intervention goals in the area of expressive or receptive language