The UNCG Speech and Hearing Center provides diagnostic and intervention services for children and adults with reading and writing difficulties. All aspects of language (listening, speaking, reading, writing) are addressed in an integrated approach and in a meaningful context.
What does the UNCG Speech and Hearing Center offer clients in the area of reading, writing, and/or spelling disorders?
- comprehensive diagnostic assessment that will identify specific language learning disabilities in reading, writing, and/or spelling
- written diagnostic report of findings with recommendations for clients, parents and teachers
- face-to-face discussion of the results of evaluation and clinical interpretation of the findings
- treatment plan with tailored goals and skilled interventions for remediation based upon research-based intervention approaches, for example, Orton-Gillingham
- individual therapy provided by skilled graduate students supervised by an ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist with expertise in the area
- progress reports informing clients of progress toward achieving intervention goals in the areas of reading, writing, and/or spelling