General graduate admissions requirements.
Upload the following 3 items to ApplyYourself Application Network
- Required: Three letters of recommendation on the organizations/institution’s letter head.
- Required: Personal Statement A statement of purpose highlighting motivation, specific option/area of interest within the program, relevant experience or background particular to the proposed study.
- Optional: Resume or CV 1-2 pages.
Send the following 2 items to:
The Graduate School
241 Mossman Building
1202 Spring Garden Street
Greensboro, NC 27412
- Required: Official transcripts from each institution previously attended regardless of whether or not a degree was earned. Please note a satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better in the undergraduate major. An overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required to be considered for admission into the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- Required: Official GRE general/GMAT scores taken within the last five years.
The CSD program requires a series of Speech-Language Pathology related classes and suggests several other courses that are needed for certification in the field of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Required: Prerequisite classes for admission (i.e., all classes that our undergraduates are required to take for their major, 25 hours of clinical observation)
- Required: Classes for NC Board of Examiners Licensure and ASHA 2014 Standards (i.e., neurology of speech/language mechanism, and ASHA-required classes like statistics, biology, physical science, humanities)
When applying to our graduate program, you must also be admitted by the UNCG graduate school. Please follow this link to learn about what the general requirements of the graduate school application.