In addition to the information required by the Graduate School, applicants to the Master’s program must submit a statement of purpose (approximately 1-2 pages in length), written as a scholarly paper, along with their application packet. The personal statement acquaints faculty with the candidate’s background, experience, career goals, and purpose for graduate study. This statement of purpose will help faculty assess the candidate’s preparation in the field and their writing skills. The following questions are possible examples of information that could be addressed:
- Why do you wish to pursue an advanced degree in the field of Speech-Language Pathology (M.A.)?
- How has your background and experience prepared you for graduate study in this field?
- What are your possible career aspirations following graduate study?
- What are your areas of interest?
- What do you believe you will gain from graduate study at UNCG?
Students may also attach a 1-2 page resume giving additional information about their background, experiences and interests.
The personal statement and resume should be attached/uploaded with the application.