The National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA) is a pre-professional membership association for students interested in the study of communication sciences and disorders. Our NSSLHA chapter at UNCG consists of approximately 100 members, continuously striving to volunteer and raise money for organizations associated with communication sciences and disorders.
Join Now: Membership Form
- The National Student Speech Language Hearing
Association (National NSSLHA) has awarded the UNCG NSSLHA Chapter the 2019 Gold Chapter Honors. See press release.
- Looking for a volunteer opportunity? Sign up to volunteer at arcBARKS!
- Sign up at and be sure to fill out the volunteer application form before arriving at arcBARKS.
- You can learn more about arcBARK.
Member Point System
A point system has been employed to track the involvement of each NSSLHA member. To be considered an “active” member, each student must obtain 8 points per semester. Points may be accumulated via the following: 1 point-socials, 2 points-meetings, 3 points-volunteer/community service
National membership provides several benefits, such as subscriptions, students discounts and information to help students stay current on advancements in the field of speech, language and hearing behavioral disorders. To learn more about the benefits of national NSSLHA membership and how to become a national member, click the icon link below:
NCSHLA Student Membership: The NCSHLA Student Membership also provides several benefits, such as leadership and educational opportunities. To find out more information, click on the icon link below:
- Ciara Kranzler, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kellar Poteat, Vice President, email@example.com
- Tae Stepney, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haley Danowski, Secretary, email@example.com
- Emily Guistwite, Co-Parliamentarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mimi Kramer, Co-Parliamentarian, email@example.com
- Hamsa Raman, Junior Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hallie Clark, Junior Representative, email@example.com
- Courtney Southard, Junior Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madi Parsons, Junior Representative, email@example.com
Perry Flynn, Faculty Advisor